How to Build Self Confidence
What does it take to change your life and build confidence? Learn how to take control of your life by walking by faith and not by sight, followed with unshakable confidence.
“Confidence is courage in the midst of fear and doubt. We always have the opportunity to press reset and try again using a better strategy.”
When I look at my life, it has been one of constant adaptation to move with our ever-changing environment. The world that we live in is complex, with constant stimuli, environmental triggers, work stress, and the roaring lion known as social media. I always look at how to change those problem areas and take action with boldness, confidence and courage. For this article I have broken down 4 – 5 steps.
But first, in order to know “how live in confidence" you must be willing to make some changes to take control of your life. You must be willing to look in the mirror. Looking in the mirror is not necessarily about identifying what’s wrong, but rather taking an honest look at what is right, what are the possibilities, and what are you capable of if you give yourself the right opportunity.
How to change in 5 practical steps:
1. How to build confidence: Evaluation – evaluate what you would like to see in your life, what you desire and what actions you can take to point yourself in the right direction. This process of evaluation can be as quick as a few minutes or as long as a few months. It ultimately depends on the complexity of your obstacle. For example, if you would like to lose weight, the evaluation process may be a bit faster than someone who is in a 20 year marriage and trying to solve problems that have existed for years. But give yourself credit for taking the first step of evaluating your circumstance. Evaluation is the first step to solving your most significant problems. I think it was Einstein himself who said that if he had 1 hour to solve a problem, he would spend 55 minutes diagnosing the problem and 5 minutes solving it. Never underestimate the importance of evaluation!
2. Assessment – After evaluation, you will assess what you need to do to make the changes. Do you have the skills, knowledge base & resources to make the changes? I believe all of us have exactly what we need within our internal infrastructure to live with confidence backed by personal success and practical application. But we must access those internal characteristics. Sometimes we can do this on our own, and often we may need a good book, development program or trusted person to assist us in bringing the best out of ourselves.
3. How to change: Plan of Action – write down what you will do overcome the challenges and reach your desired result.
4. How to change: Take Action – Follow your plan of action for at least 21 – 40 days.
5. How to change: Measure the Results – take a look at your life. Are you seeing the change in yourself?
“Be strong and of a good courage, fear not, nor be afraid of them: for the LORD thy God, he it is that doth go with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee.” Deuteronomy 31:6
We can help you navigate your mindset goals!
Get Your Mind Right - Take Mindset and Health Assessment Quiz