IMPORTANCE OF MUSIC AND MEDITATION
When you combine meditation and music you create the perfect environment for calming the mind, relaxing the body and recharging your inner core. Many prominent artists, business people and elite athletes have admitted to using meditation as part of their peak performance program.
Meditation and playing music might seem in opposition, but the right music can do wonders for your meditation practice. Instrumental music is ideal, of course the music should be absolutely void of vulgar language, anger, materialism and other topics that promote external vices. Instrumental piano music is always a good choice. The right meditation music can jump start the soul!
whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, meditate on these things.
9 CAREER BENEFITS OF MEDITATION
- Less Stress – Looking for the fountain of youth? Meditating may actually help make you younger. Reduce stress, reduce stress related aging. Less stress at work means you can solve problems, the person who solves problems consistently is always highly valued.
- More Mindful – Research suggests that 30 minutes of meditating improves depression symptoms along with anxiety and pain). In fact, the practice could possibly prevent depression and pain altogether that people who meditate may have more control over how their brains process and pay attention to negative sensations (like pain) and negative thoughts (like depression triggers). Mindfulness allows you to be more engaged resulting in better communication and relationships.
- Calm under pressure – Meditating gives you time to recharge, and when you have energy you have more to give to life’s obstacles. You respond instead of reacting out of frustration.
- Boost memory – By clearing your mind of nonsense you will remember the important things and what you focused on during meditation. Meditating has been shown to not only improve memory but to help cut back on distracting thoughts.
- Get in better shape – Meditating allows you to rest your body and mind very deeply, removing stress from your physiology and preparing you to get in a quality workout to rival an Olympic athlete. When you are in shape you can run the race long enough to see the rewards of your hard work.
- Boost immunity – Meditation allows you to focus on breathing, and research links proper breathing with having fewer respiratory illnesses, quicker recovery times, and resulting in fewer sick days from work.
- Be more creative and innovative – Meditating clears the mind of nonsense. This allows your mind to do what it was naturally intended to do, which is solve problems. Meditate long enough and new ideas, solutions, and divine downloads start happening all the time.
- Improve your 9-to-5 – Simple math “Meditating + You = More Energy to give to things that are important to you.”
- Increased cognitive performance – Meditating can lead to better focus and higher scores on cognitive tests—all after just 4 days of 20-minute sessions. Some studies have suggested meditation results in a better attention span, especially in those who continue to meditate daily
We can help you navigate you mindset goals and meditation practice!
Are you an athlete? start here
Are you just starting meditation? start here
Are are you dealing with stress, anxiety and low moral (depression)? start here